RECENT CONSULTING PROJECTS
Summary of some recent GSW Telecom Consulting projects:
- 90-mile Middle Mile and Last Mile Fiber Wireless expansion from Tucson to Nogales, AZ with Arriba Networks.
- Biosphere II, Wireless point-to-point solution, Oracle, AZ.
- Metro Fiber Network and Gigabit Internet project, Nogales, AZ
- E-Rate projects for various districts around Arizona.
- Arizona Middle Mile and Last Mile Master Plans in progress.
- Pima County, AZ Master Plan for Wi-Fi and Streaming Video applications.
Funding sources available for consulting projects may include:
- NTIA’s BTOP program
- FCC’s E-Rate program
- Arizona’s SB 1402 ‘Data Highways’ Bill
- USDA programs such as:
- Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program – Loans to improve and build telecommunications service in service in rural communities (<5,000 population)
- Rural Broadband Loan Program (Farm Bill) – Loans to build and upgrade broadband services in rural high cost areas (<20,000 population)
- Communication Connect Grant Program – Grants for broadband service providers and others who offer broadband services in rural and remote areas (<20,000 population)
- Distance Learning/Telemedicine Loan and Grant Program – Loans and grants for providing Distance Learning and Telemedicine services to rural residents and anchor institutions